Drosopigi is a beautiful village extremely favored by nature itself. It is built at an altitude of 1050m on the western slopes of Mount Tambouri (1876m). Totally, it is 42.5 km away from Konitsa and 4.9 km away from the National Road of Konitsa-Kozani. The old name of the village was Kantsiko.
Some important works of “Kantsiotes” craftsmen in the surrounding area are: the arched stone bridge in Sarandaporo (located on the road to the village immediately after the branch from the National Road and stands there since 1747) as well as the Monastery of Kladormis which is located on the border with the neighboring Fourka village. The bridge is the “trademark” of Kantsiko. It is one of the few bridges of Epirus, if not of the Balkans, which is founded (1717) on a rhizome rock with two large arches and a small one in the middle of the bridge.
As a well-preserved and hospitable village, it has to show great examples of folk architecture and special style. In the village the large paved square stands out, it is perhaps the most beautiful square of Mastorochoria villages which is built on two levels with a plane tree (planted in 1886). In the square there is also the main fountain of the village with the two beautiful stone “troughs” in the background (from which gargling water runs) and they were made in recent years by “Kantsiotes” craftsmen.
Next to the fountain is the old Community Guesthouse, which now houses the Community Office. Here is the majestic parish church of Agia Paraskevi, which was built by the craftsmen of the village in 1930 and impresses with its dimensions and double bell tower. In the precinct of the church is the bust of the benefactor of the village, Giannis Lytras. In the eastern precinct of the church is the building of the Kindergarten (built in 1962) and a little further is the elegant stone building of the primary school, the construction of which began in 1927 and ended in 1932. Today the building of the primary school has been transformed into a state-of-the-art Conference and Exhibition Center for Cultural Events.
Also, it is worth visiting the chapels of: Agios Athanasios, Agios Nikolaos, Agios Panteleimonas and the church of the Assumption of the Virgin, which is a basilica built in the shape of a cross. It is a very elegant stone church, with hagiographies made by the famous hagiographers from Chioniades.
The village festival takes place on the 15th of August and is one of the most famous in the area with a party that lasts until the morning. The festival lasts for three days and around the same period of time there are sports events in which the young people of the village are leading. At the entrance of the village there is also a tavern with fine dishes and traditional cafes.