The village of Zerma is located at an altitude of 1060 m and is 41 km away from Konitsa. It is a relatively new village which was created in 1970 as landslips have forced its inhabitants to abandon the old village, which is situated 3 km away from the new one. In the past there was a small center of hagiography as the relevant inscription in the monastery of Kamena near Delvina informs us. However, the village of Zerma is the birthplace of many stone craftsmen, who have worked at Mount Athos, Agrinio, Amfilochia, Thesprotia, Thessaly and Albania. There are also many emigrants coming from Zerma who live abroad (Poland, Hungary and Australia). Distinctive landmark of the wider region is the historic monastery of Zerma, one of the oldest monasteries in Epirus. According to the tradition, founder of the monastery was the emperor Constantine IV called the Pogonato while it seems to have acquired its current form after the renovation that took place in 1656. The only buildings of the monastery that are still kept are the temple with the exceptional mural paintings and the marble gate with the embossed decorations.