The village of Iliorachi stretches on a sunny hill slope with a magnificent view of the plain of Konitsa at a distance of 6km west from Konitsa (following a detour of the main road towards Bourazani and the Greek-Albanian border). The village is part of the Municipality of Konitsa, of the Prefecture of Ioannina, at an altitude of 556m and has a population of 100 inhabitants.
The history of the village is worth mentioning. At the places of “Bichli” and “Agia Triada”, just outside the village, ruins of ancient buildings were found, dating from the 13th century BC and the 3rd AD century. Also, findings confirm the presence of the Molossians with the economic development of the area at that time, especially during the reign of King Pyros.
The inhabitants of Iliorachi are farmers who work their land and make their living thanks to the location of the village which is sun lit from early dawn to late dusk.
Walking through the village, you will notice the large stone houses with tiled roofs, remnants of older times, but also many modern ones. The school is housed in a large impressive stone building. There are many stone fountains in the village as well.
Also of interest is the church of the village, Agios Nikolaos (1870) which is located at the entrance of the village and the chapels of Agios Athanasios, Agios Georgios and Agia Triada. The chapel of Agios Nikolaos is also worth visiting.
Every year on May 20th, the resurrection of the relics of Agios Nikolaos is celebrated. Also, the traditional festival, in honor of the Holy Trinity, is organized by the Cultural Association. It is an occasion for the villagers (either they live in the village or live away from it) to meet and attend these celebrations.