Assumption of the Virgin Mary Church is the main church of the village into which is kept the image of Our Lady of Plikati. This temple was built by the army after the Civil War as the oldest had been badly damaged by the bombing. The inauguration of the new church took place on September 8, 1953. According to tradition, the image was originally found in Pistilapi position and was moved to the church of St. Athanasios, which miraculously moved to the middle of the village where there were ruins of an older temple. There the residents built a basilica church (1775) dedicating to the Assumption of Virgin Mary.